Day 11: Did you have any milestones or firsts while traveling or living abroad?
Honestly, if I travel and don't have a first or a milestone while I am there, it isn't a trip I'm looking forward to. I wanna see new things, learn new things, try new things. Otherwise what's the point?
So instead of picking just one, here are 15!
1) The first time I traveled to one of the worlds greatest wonders.
2) My first tradition for christmas, collecting an ornament each time I travel. It brings happiness to a holiday I'm not fond of. Thanks to my sister, it was her idea & I can't imagine holidays without it!
3) I first started to appreciate the concepts of living more with less as traveling has become a bigger & more influential force in my life.
4) When I first learned that travelling was my passion & made me happy!
7) When traveling I learned firsthand that translation doesn't have to be through words in the same language, emotion & humanity are an international language.
8) The first time I went out of state on vacation with my mom, saw a 'big city' play, went shopping on Michican Ave. in Chicago, fell in love with Crate & Barrel, visited & purchased something at Tiffany & Co.
9) Traveling taught me for the first time what fair trade is ans why its important.
10) I first learned about Kiva & its crucial role in crushing economies. Not the American economy's version, the third world version.
11) My first time having street tacos & ordering fresh fruit on the beach.
12) The first time I had the best ice cream ever in Lithuania!
13) The first time I learned what a permaculture farm is in Bethlehem.
14) The first time I found myself sitting around a large hookah with five Palestinian men learning about the stuggles of leading a family into uncertain times.
15) The first time I had to learn where an American Embassy was.
Day 01 – Favorite place(s) you’ve been to?
Day 02 – Where you’d like to travel next?
Day 03 – An adventure/challenge you had while traveling or living abroad.
Day 04 – A picture of you in another country.
Day 05 – What do you bring with you when you travel?
Day 06 – What does “home” mean to you?
Day 07 – Besides people, what did/do you miss from home?
Day 08 – A favorite food from another country/culture.
Day 09 – A favorite foreign movie.
Day 10 - A song you like from another country/language.
Day 11 – Did you have any milestones or “firsts” while traveling or living abroad?
Day 12- Someone who influenced you to travel abroad.
Day 13- A favorite travel quote.
Day 14- What did you learn from traveling abroad?
Day 15- Advice to someone who’s thinking about traveling to another country?
What firsts or milestones have you had while traveling or living abroad?